Wednesday 15 May 2013

A DIE FOR A SKETCH

Afternoon Everyone

I am pleased to report that I've finished my 'proper' work for this week so yippee a bit more crafty time for me!

One of my work colleagues will be celebrating her first wedding anniversary soon and once again I'm loving the Lily of The Valley images.  Their romantic collection of images are simply perfect for this type of occasion.  I also stumbled across a beautiful sketch challenge at A Die for a Sketch Challenge which I think fits the image well so I'm going to enter that one and see how it goes.

Don't know about you but following the layouts provided on these challenges is wonderful.  Left to my own devices I'd probably use the same handful of layouts but now I'm consciously looking around for a sketch to adopt and loving it...I even think I go to sleep dreaming of layouts I've seen!  Is that a bit mad?  Perhaps I should see the Dr!

Here's my card anyway.



Here's the sketch I've followed



Card Recipe:

Image: LOTV
Papers: Trimcraft and KandCompany
Tools:
  • Sizzix circle dies
  • Cricut flower dies
  • Martha Stewart
  • Cheery Lynn picket fence die
Dazzle and sparkle with pearls from my stash plus a sprinkling of glamour dust

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Sarah! Green and purple is one of my favorite colour combinations! Pretty butterflies and such a sweet image! Thanks so much for joining our birthday celebration at A Die for a Sketch!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so stunning !! I love the little butterflys and the colours are amazing. Thanks for joining us at a Die for a Sketch. Ilonka DT:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for your amazing comments and enjoy your birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this is sooooo sweet! Gorgeous image and colour combination.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listen, with your talent, Sarah, it's no wonder you lose sleep over sketches! You have too much creativity busting to get out. Your work is just breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your ultra kind comments Darnell - lovely to hear from you.

      Delete
  6. I love how sweet your card is. Your image is cute out perfectly to set your scene, just love it. Love the colors and butterflies. Thank you for joining us at A DIe For A Sketch.
    Hugs Kelly DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card.
    Thank you for joining us at A DIe For A Sketch
    Hugs Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah! Love that image! you did a great job with the sketch!Thanks for joining us at a Die for a Sketch! Willie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card Sarah! Thanks for joining us at a Die fot a Sketch!
    Hugs, Marjoleine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.