Saturday 5 October 2013

BIT OF A PICKLE ...

Happy World Cardmaking Day and hope you are all beavering away in your craft spaces!

Just a really quick post for me again today as I'm busy getting things organised for the fund-raising event I'm doing on Friday and with 3 days working not sure when it's all going to get done!

Plus I'm in a little pickle today (hence the title)! Last night my right hand man (super-sonic x-cut guillotine) took to its sick bed! It has done me proud for about 8 years and it's a shame it's not got a milometer for cuts performed but there's a definite crack in the lever and I know its days / cuts are numbered so I'm going to have to be easy on it until my new one arrives! Having been to my local craft shop this morning they were out of stock so good old Amazon to the rescue. Just hope my faithful friend lasts out until the new one arrives!

Anyway onto my post and it's my entry to the Less is More Challenge and for once as soon as I saw the theme we'd been set by Chrissie and Jen I knew what I wanted to do, so here it is...




Sarah

Card Recipe:

Tools: Cuttlebug Snowflake Embossing folder & Memory Box Snow Scene Die
Sentiment & Christmas Tree Die from Clearly Besotted and if you pop HERE you'll see they are celebrating their 1st Birthday with a very generous and inspirational blog hop.
Gems from my stash and a drizzle of glamour dust to the little houses and trees.

10 comments:

  1. a super card for the Christmas stock lol, love the sparkles
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely, Sarah. Funnily enough my paper trimmer has just about had it and hubby got me a new one as an early birthday gift- i begrudge spending money on "essentials" but i suppose we really need them more than all the "pretty" things we normally buy. Hug, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Sarah. Love how you added to the memory box die. A great idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Sarah-Love how you have added the trees in to make your scene-and the embossed background is fabulous!
    OH,i feel your pain-you just can't do without a decent "chopper" can you? I know i couldn't live without mine-I couldn't cut a straight line with scissors if my life depended on it LOL!
    Ive been having a play with this challenge this afternoon too-I have never made a white on white card before-always wanted to have a try though,so now I have!
    Have a lovely evening,
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great Sarah. I hope your new cutter arrive soon!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    Fabulous card....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely with all that textural interest

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, love the little scene you've created!
    Thanks for your kind comment on my LIM card :)
    Have a fab Sunday, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. great take on the embossing folder, love the scene, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous card sarah

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.