Friday 25 October 2013

CRAFTY BEE AT WORK TODAY

Hello Friends

Hope you are keeping dry in this disgusting weather today ... I took the dog out for a walk this morning but neither of us were keen and thankfully I hadn't done the housework before Cookie decided to shake himself like crazy as soon as we got home! Don't you just love 'em?

So what better place to play once the jobs were done ... yep the crafty cupboard. I've had quite a few commissions to do recently and isn't it great when you can combine them with a challenge or two?

For my very first time I'm going to try one post with multiple photos and challenge entries! May have to edit this if it doesn't work though!

Here's number one which is a commission for my daughter's friend, who wasn't being particularly helpful in giving me ideas and themes! After much head-scratching and web surfing I came across the Seize the Sketch Challenge and thought I'd make use of the lovely sketch along with some amazing free papers I downloaded ages ago but haven't ever used. Think I'll be making an effort to use them in future though.




Seize the Birthday (sister challenge to Seize the Sketch) have an anything goes challenge so I'm going to drop my card in there too.

Arrrgh! Only just noticed that my card doesn't entirely match the sketch ... Oh **** Well I'm going to enter anyway and hopefully get an acknowledgement for trying! Sorry ladies.



Card Recipe:

Papers: All Freebies from Shery K Designs
Sentiment: Computer Generated
Dies used: Nestabilities Labels, Sizzix Framelits Pennants, Clearly Besotted Florals, MFT Die-Namics numbers and a Martha Stewart Butterfly punch
Button, twine and gems from my stash plus a drizzle of glamour dust here and there




So onto my next card which is for a challenge I've never entered before - the CASE Study Challenge. I spotted it while checking out Amy Wanford's blog and couldn't resist entering as I had the perfect ballerina die cut image which was a freebie from Dies to Die for.

I was also itching to try out my new poinsettia stamp and die set from Clearly Besotted. I stamped three of the large outline poinsettias onto white vellum then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I added glamour dust to the veins for extra dazzle but think I've perhaps got a bit carried away with the old glamour dust as I decided my ballerina would look pretty cool with a glittered tutu and ballet shoes!!! I've attached the vellum poinsettias to white card with brads covered with candy dots in coordinating baby pink and I'm hoping my cluster of 3 can pass as the 'circle' in the CAS - Colours and Sketches Sketch Challenge which is where my card is heading too.




Card Recipe:

Image: Ballerina from Dies to Die For, Poinsettia Stamp and Dies from Clearly Besotted
Papers: From Do-crafts (Forever Friends)
Sentiment: Uniko Studio
Sizzix Swirls Embossing folder used on the Kraft semi circle
Candy Dots from my stash


    


Did I say I'd been a busy little bee today?

So here's my last card which is another commission; this time for an 18th birthday card where the recipient loves owls.



My cute little owl reminds me of barn owls out in the countryside and on that note I've decided to enter him into the CASology Challenge where the cue word is 'Country'. I'd been watching some videos on using acetate on cards so decided to make an acetate cover for the card and layer my images on the top with the scalloped circles behind. Looking at the photo you probably can't tell there's any acetate so you'll just have to take my word for it.



Card Recipe:

Images, Papers & Sentiment: Clearly Digi Stamps who are sadly no longer trading (I stocked up before they closed the doors) but you can purchase items from Doodle Pantry
Acetate, metallic cord and gems from my stash plus I've added a few glossy accents for extra definition.




Wow that's got to go down as the longest blog post I've ever done ... a marathon indeed. Going for a lie down now or should I do the ironing???? No contest!

Hope to catch up with you all tomorrow and enjoy the rest of your evening.  Fingers crossed this multiple blog post will work when I come to enter the challenges Hee Hee!

Sarah

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I especially like the owl one it is just delightful!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet cards..you HAVE been busy! I love your sweet owl, definitely a country barn owl if I ever saw one! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A busy bee indeed!All beautiful cards Sarah-and multi tasking too linking all these piccies on one post-well done you :)
    I really REALLY like the little owl card-how cute is that-just gorgeous!
    Have a lovely weekend-oh,and don't forget to tie Cookie down- the gales are a coming :(
    Hugs,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I love the colours you've chosen and the big bright eyes of your owl image! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun cards!
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the glittery ballerina! Just beautiful with the white pointsettias!

    ReplyDelete
  7. goodness you have been a busy crafty girl :) fab cards!!!! Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greats cards. Especially love the owl card, it's super cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab cards Sarah! Love how you've used the sketches and the owl one is really cute.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CC&S, it's a beautiful card - love your colours - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love each and everyone of these cards! The first one has gorgeous colors, the dancer is bound to make someone feel special and the owls are just to cute! I can't see the acetate…but I do believe you! LOL Thanks for playing along with us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three great cards! I like the embossing and the die-cut poinsettias you used on the CAS - Colours and Sketches card - and the colors are terrific! Thanks for sharing your work with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge! Your ballerina card is wonderful - the glitter, ballerina and poinsettia's make me think Sugar Plum Princess!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your ballerina card but they're all fab! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards! Thanks so much for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.