Sunday 27 October 2013

RAIN, RAIN AND MORE ...


So with all the howling winds and torrential rain today what better way to spend the day? - Crafting!

First of all I had a tidy up and clear out and I really DO need to get on with some Christmas cards but none of those today! I've got another of my craft sessions with friends the week after next and we are concentrating on Christmas so hopefully have some to show then.

Bit of a change of plan on my decorating activities this week too ... after much discussion Mr Dazzle and I have decided the room needs rather a major revamp so it's a shopping week instead for bathrooms, tiles and flooring! Unfortunately I can't get quite so excited as I would if it was a full-on crafty shop!

Anyway onto my cards and as it was successful posting one blog with several challenges I'm going to do the same again for speed so first up is my entry to the Less is More Challenge where the requirement is to 'Use Twine or String' - Now this isn't really an issue for me as I use it a lot but I wanted to do something different so I've combined it with the CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge and used it to attach the sentiment banner to my aeroplane. I was a lucky lady a couple of weeks ago as I won a blog hop challenge for Clearly Besotted on Jen's Tiny Blue Butterfly blog and won the Going Places stamp set and this is my first play with it.  Think I may have to put the matching dies on my never-ending wish list as I'm not too great at fuzzy cutting.



I've used several snippets and odds and ends to make this card so I'm going to be heading over to Pixies Crafty Snippet Playground as soon as the gates open! Miss Di has been on a superb break and think she's recovering from the long journey but hope she likes my aeroplane card and might even get her thinking of her next sunny trip.

Card Recipe:

Image & Sentiment: Going Places from Clearly Besotted
Papers: Pink Petticoat snippets
Brad, Twine and gems from my stash
Dies used: MFT Die-Namics party banners & Clearly Besotted New Home set for the clouds




Now onto my second card which is to enter the ColourQ Challenge and I'm going to drop another entry in at Pixies Crafty Snippet Playground as the card also features snippety snips! I've made the card for my friend's son who's birthday falls on Halloween day and I just love the photo inspiration on the ColourQ card so added some circles and a googlie eye! 

I've used the sketch from Sketch Saturday but swapped the star for my one-eyed THINGY!





Card Recipe:

Papers: Free Digi Download from Shelly K (another one I've had ages and never used!) plus Pink Petticoat
Sentiment: Computer Generated
Googlie Eye and buttons from my stash

    



And last but by no means least is a bit of a change of direction for me with this card ... It's a commission I've been asked to make for a friend who's BIL is in the priesthood and celebrating a special occasion later this year. There doesn't seem to be any inspiration out there for this type of card so basically had to 'wing-it'! The die-cut cross was a freebie from the lovely ladies at Dies to Die For which I decided would be perfect for the card and I've used the sketch from this weeks Retro Sketches Challenge but turned it sideways.





Card Recipe:

Die Cut image: Dies to Die For
Sentiment: Computer Generated
Lattice Embossing folder used as the background which was a Pixies Crafty Snippet Challenge win
Gems for a bit of dazzle from my stash



So that's all for me today and I'm off to visit the in-laws tomorrow, bathroom shopping then watching Wicked at the theatre in Manchester so there'll be no crafty time for me! Enjoy the rest of your evening and catch up with you all soon. 

Off to watch some good Sunday night TV.

Sarah




17 comments:

  1. Love these!! clever use of the twine and that googly eye is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Sarah!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you have been busy creating wonderful card.."The eye" is just too funny and the last card is going to be so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 super cards, all so different but each with a wow factor
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three gorgeous cards, love the bright colours on the snippet card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah

    Oh wow, three fabulous cards there. LOVE the first one, but as am still recovering from the looooong flights am not planning going anywhere yet :) I think the design is great and your cutting is perfect. The Halloween is brilliant too! Very clever and I love that spooky eye.

    Finally, great to see you using the embossing folder so well - I love Dies to Die for as well and they really do pop some lovely free die cuts into their parcels.

    Playing a bit of catch-up with commenting, sorry I'm late!!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah .. .. you hyperactive little being!

    Three gorgeous cards .. .. I love the first one very much! (Sitting here trying hard not to think of escaping to somewhere warm LOL!!).

    Hope you survived the storms OK.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous assortment, what a versatile crafter you are! I love all three - the middle one is so much fun :) Enjoy bathroom shopping! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah - saw this at the snippets playground - so cute, your boo card - like the other card too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! You really rocked these sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3 superb cards but I think you have excelled yourself on card no3. Beautiful. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards!! The squiggly eye is so fun, thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All gorgeous cards Sarah! Loving the bright Halloween Birthday card! Fabby!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LORDY! What fabulous cards - I don't know which is my favourite - the Halloween one I think, no wait, the aeroplane one ... heck . I love 'em all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute birthday card, Sarah, love the monster! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.