Sunday 6 October 2013

SWEET SIXTEEN WITH A FLORAL TWIST

Crikey ... look at the time! Yes late but I don't tend to go to bed early and I'll let you into a secret ... I'm staying up for the Clearly Besotted release at midnight! Very sad I know but don't think I'll sleep until I've seen the fabulous new release available in the store as I've been a wee bit excited seeing all the fantastic inspiration this week.

Anyway onto my card and I have to say I've been a very busy bee today getting ready for the craft event on Friday and justified I think in that it's been World Cardmaking Day! So my lovely blog buddy Nessa (The Crafty Laydee) has set a second challenge. What a truly generous lady and this time it's a floral challenge; so basically anything with a flower or flowers!

So as well as cardmaking I also decorate Keepsake / Memory Boxes for special occasions and I always like to create a coordinated card too. So I thought I'd show you what I've been playing with today. This will be displayed on my craft stall on Friday. My daughter and her friends are all coming up 16 so thought they'd love this idea; in fact Faye (my daughter) bought one of these boxes for her friend at a local card shop and it was pretty boring so I offered to jazz it up a little! This one is a copy of the original one. I've also made a baby blue box, baby pink box and wedding box all with matching cards - is it any wonder the guillotine has conked out!

Well it's getting close to CBS release so here's my card plus a photo with the matching box.





Sarah

This used:

Inexpensive gift box from a local card shop
Sizzix Framelits Tag Dies
MFT Die-namics Number Dies
Clearly Besotted Fancy Florals: Leaf & Flower Die which have been embossed with
Woodgrain embossing folder to the leaves & Sizzix spotty/dotty embossing folder to the flower
Sentiments: Also from Clearly Besotted
Ribbon, Button, Silver Twine and Silver Pearls from my stash





2 comments:

  1. Morning Sarah-Wow! I Love both your card and the fabby box.These are sure to be a hit on your stall-the colours are fabulous together-and I love the embossed flower and leaf-they look beautiful.
    You are perfectly co-ordinated with my challenge prize too!
    Thank you for playing along-have a lovely Sunday lie in ater all your excitement at Midnight! LOL!
    Hugs,Nessa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, Good luck with your craft event. Saw your lovely card over at Crafty Laydee, and how it sparkled just seeing it as a thumbnail. Much prettier even when I zipped over to view it full size. What a wonderful accompaniment to your daughter's gift for her friend. She'll be delighted I'm sure. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.