Sunday 13 October 2013

WHERE'S THE WEEKEND GONE!


Hello Blog Pals

Can't quite believe it's almost teatime on Sunday and not sure where the weekend has gone. But I have been quite busy so I guess that's where it's all disappeared to! Firstly we had the craft event on Friday night which was quite successful ... I would have like to sell more cards but it was a learning curve! It's only the second one I've done, the first being several years ago and I vowed never to do it again! Anyway I quite enjoyed this one so who knows I may have another go at craft fairs in the future.

Secondly we had some friends over for a meal last night so lots of last minute shopping, cleaning, preparing and cooking but it's always worth it to catch up after not seeing them for a while.

Then today I've been doing more DEEP cleaning as we have friends arriving from Australia this week and my daughter has given up her room for the guests. Crikey does she accumulate dust and junk in equal measures!

So all this means little time for crafting but I thought I'd be ultra clever and make one card for 6 challenges! YES 6 challenges ... but then I read the rules at Freshly Made Sketches and had to cut it down to 4 challenges in total so here's my card:



I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

CAS-ual Fridays: where the theme is Stitching and this is faux stitching as my sewing machine doesn't want to play ball when I ask it to stitch card! 
CAS on Sunday: where the theme is make a Get Well Card
CASology: the theme here is CRISP and I've interpreted this as Crisp autumn leaves. I've seen several people embossing onto vellum and if you follow my blog regularly you may realise that I fell out with stamping & embossing some years ago and am now only just getting back to it. Fortunately I didn't throw away all of my embossing powders and heat gun! So I've used clear embossing powder on the orange and gold coloured vellum then red on the red vellum. I've then glittered up the veins for some added sparkle.
Last but not least - Freshly Made Sketches

          

Card Recipe:

Image: Craft Too leafy embossing folder with leaf stamps and die from Clearly Besotted
Sentiment: Pink Petticoat
Candy Dots & Glittery Brad: Stampin Up


Sarah

14 comments:

  1. gorgeous card... you combined all the challenges flawlessly! the leaves are so beautiful! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, this is just gorgeous! Love the dry embossing and the glittery, crisp leaves...just gorgeous and perfect for all the challenges! So glad you played along with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossing on the coloured vellum is fantastic! So glad you didn't throw away all your supplies! :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful Sarah! I love the embossing folder, and those leaves are stunning! Glad you're playing with EP's again! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly a stunner Sarah! The embossed background is lovely enough but THOSE LEAVES! They are amazing! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sarah-I love your leaves,and the background looks fabulous.
    Beautiful work :)
    Have a great day,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I'm in love with those leaves and all that beautiful white in the background! Love this card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very pretty card :) love the fall colors on the leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, are we ever lucky you had some time with all that cleaning to make this breathtaking card, Sarah! Wow and wow, again!! Congratulations on the well-deserved HM honor from CASology!! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. those leaves are gorgeous! beautiful card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty!! Love the leaves and background! :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! The leaves are crazy beautiful!! I really like the background, too. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.