Saturday 25 January 2014

WHERE ARE THESE WEEKS GOING ....


I've had another crazy week of working, working and more working and unfortunately it's my crafty time that suffers so I've had a good old play this afternoon. Oh and I woke up to a wonderful surprise this morning ... I'd won last week's Sketch Saturday challenge!!!! Arrrrgh ... so thrilled as I wasn't sure about the card I'd made but you can check it out here

The weather has been absolutely naff today so what better place to hang out than in my crafty cupboard. (It is actually a cupboard and one of these days I'll pop some photos on here to show you - it's my Tardis!)

So my first card is to enter this week's Less is More challenge where it's a sketch one and I've combined it with the colour scheme challenge at ColourQ and the 'Lovely Dovey' theme over at CAS on Sunday. You are going to think I'm obsessed with the Eiffel Tower at the moment but I bought this die a couple of weeks ago to make a commission card and I just love it.



Card Recipe:

Cutting Tools: MFT Die-namics - Eiffel Tower, Memory box - Heart on a bow & Clouds
Papers: From my stash
Sentiment: Clearly Besotted - Paired Up stamp set
Sizzix dotty embossing folder & some gems from my stash.

   


Next up is another combined entry to Muse, which I've got to admit I've never entered before so hope I've got it right, and Color Throwdown. I loved the design of the Muse card so I've used that as inspiration but I decided on butterflies rather than hearts and although I've used the grey background I've matched the other colours to the colour palate at Color Throwdown




This used Papers from my stash, Butterfly die set from Clearly Besotted and sentiment from the Geometric style stamp set which is also Clearly Besotted plus gems, twine and fluted border from my stash.


      

Ok that's it for now but I'm still playing so may be back later or tomorrow.  Enjoy your evening and thanks for stopping by.


Sarah

19 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards. I love them both. Ah, Paris...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. Congrats on your Sketch Saturday win I really loved your winning entry.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Sarah!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet cards, Sarah! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are wonderful Sarah! The gray and red polka dot papers look GREAT together. You played along with Muse perfectly, love your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashing cards. Love your take on the LiM sketch.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're both gorgeous Sarah, but I just LOVE that butterfly design... so lovely :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your win and what a great die, makes a lovely card
    Thanks so much for joining us at LIM
    Anne
    LIM GD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dotty take on this week's Muse! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun cars d Sarah!! Love the dotted bray dotted BG... And splash of the other colors!!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are fabulous....love all the texture on the first and the butterflies are so pretty on the second!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on the Muse challenge ... I'm very partial to butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great Sarah and congrats on your win at Sketch Saturday! I love your take on the Muse card, you've kept the layout the same and yet totally made it your own, loving all the dottyness in this post! Thanks so much for your continued support on my blog, I need to find more time to comment on all these wonderful creations in blogland! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely cards Sarah. Sorry for being a rubbish blog friend right now, life is far too busy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love the color balance you used on the butterfly card! Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi hi, love the butterflies- great take in the case card. Hoe you're well, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your fabulous card, my fave is the butterfly one.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorabel card and a cute design Sarah! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.