Tuesday 18 March 2014

GENTLE SPRINGTIME


Hello

I've a card to show you that I made this afternoon in a little bonus crafty time I wasn't expecting.

Having spotted the new colour / spring themed challenge over at Uniko Studio I couldn't wait to dive in with those cool and calm colours. Since my first dabble with the sponge daubers here I'm hooked so here's what I've come up with using the sketch from Seize the Sketch



I adore the flower power ranges from Uniko which is what I've used plus some foliage from Natures Treasures. Please, please, please Beverley will you bring out some matching dies for this fabulous range as my fussy cutting is pretty naff?!?!?!?

To begin with I stamped the outline image multiple times onto white card stock using versamark ink then heat embossed with clear embossing powder, armed with my daubers I've used a few shades of blue for the flowers and some green for the back ground followed with stamped foliage. I then cut some of the flower heads from a separate piece of card stock to raise on 3d foam.

Card Recipe:

Image & Sentiment: Uniko Studio - Flower Power & Natures Treasures
Papers: Doodlebug & Papermania
Tools: Scalloped border die - Clearly Besotted and Leaf die - Marianne Creatables.
Pearls from my stash

         


Ok off to catch up on some TV so thanks for popping by.

Sarah


12 comments:

  1. Sarah this is absolutely FABulous! You've used the challenge colours perfectly :) Even though your fussy cutting looks perfect to me I can confirm that Flower Power dies are in the line up for 2014 ;) Thanks SO much for joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love this! It makes me want to try stenciling, too. Thanks for sharing your cute spring like card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Sarah, I have to agree matching stamps and dies are the BEST, but your cutting looks good to me. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the colours you've used, so Spring Like and so Jolly. Yes I am with you on the dies to match the stamps. Great layout and brought a smile to my face. Crafty Hugs Beverley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely. The colors are very calming.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love the leaves you used for the banners in the sketch. So happy you played along with us at STS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous fun birthday card. i love you interpretation on the colors and the shading on your flowers is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is lovely and the flowers are amazing. I just love the soft look of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Sarah. The colouring of the flowers is simply amazing - I love the softness at the back of them too. I myself have just purchased the Nature's Treasures set and am very much looking forward to using them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! The flowers are lovely and your fussy cutting was well worth it! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous! Love the colors!
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Sarah, great use of the sponge daubers. Thank you so much for joining in the Uniko challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.