Sunday 19 April 2015

A Sunday Bumper Post


Happy Sunday blog pals. 
I've got a bumper post of cards for you today so hope you'll stay with me.
Lots of cards that I was finishing off in the last few days and now
need posting before the challenges close! 


First up is to enter at Time Out Challenges and LOVING rainbow
colours meant I couldn't wait to take some time out to play along.
I think this will fit in over there as it's inspiration on words this week ...

'You can't make a Rainbow without a little Rain'


Card Recipe: 
Simon Says Stamp: Rain drops stencil inked with Ranger Dye Inks 
along with the coordinating rainbow at the bottom
Mama Elephant: Stitched Landscape Trio dies (mounted on 3d foam)
Inkadinkado: Kid Quotes (just purchased from Jen @ Tiny Blue Butterfly)
There's some really cute sentiments in this set all written by children this one by Alyssa Knight (12) 
I loved Bev's addition of rainbow gems HERE so couldn't resist adding a few too. 


I'd also like to drop this in at Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge
as the theme is 'Make Your Own Background'

Grab Our Badge!   Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog




This card is to enter the 'Sweet' themed challenge at CASology
It's the first time I've inked up this gorgeous set from 
Clearly Besotted: Simply Scrumptious
Aimes and Debby (CBS DT members) provided brilliant showcases 
with this set HERE and HERE - where my inspiration came from.


I started by sponging Tumbled Glass Distress ink to the 
card, to add a sky effect, then inking my stamps off on paper first
to create the lighter shade onto my card panel.
To finish some gems and glossy accents.




When I saw the photo inspiration at The Card Concept I simply had to
join in. The patterns, shapes and colours are just fabulous and I was immediately 
drawn to the curtains as I've a similar Design Paper, used here from Hobbycraft. 



Card recipe:
Hero Arts: Stamp & Die Happy birthday set 
I love this die - can you tell! I've die-cut it in black and pink with the 
black piece ever so slightly off-set from the pink.
The birthday sentiment is from Uniko Studio: Simply said Birthday
with Meiflower gems and Doodlebug Sprinkles to finish


I think my style is Clean & Simple but perhaps Clean & Layered today.
I've combined it with the sketch from this week's Freshly Made Sketches.


  



This card is for this week's Muse Card Challenge and I almost
didn't post it BUT hubby said he rather liked it so on that basis here it is!
In fact I've tried numerous attempts at this with water-colouring
and more water-colouring but nothing was working!



Michele has really tested us with her fabulous card this week.
In the end I inked the backdrop with Faded Jeans Distress Ink adding
Clearly Besotted: Simple Silhouettes & Sweet Little Sentiments
Lawn Fawn: Gleeful Gardens - Curved & Stitched border

Here's Michele's fantastic and utterly gorgeous card




Are you still with me?
Hope so as this is the last one ....


This one is to enter over at Inkspirational and those ladies have had
me tearing my hair out with this one!!! This is one TOUGH challenge.
 I tried to use inspiration from the DT and fellow entries to the challenge 
along with the photo of course but I didn't want to use Easter eggs.


Here's my thought process and tools used

Kraft coloured background to replicate the photo background colour
Bubbles stencil from Stamplorations instead of egg shaped - inked to resemble 
duck-egg blue using Peacock Feathers Distress Ink also splattering in this colour
to show the markings on the 'eggs'. MFT Die-Namics Pierced Rectangle dies to cut a frame 
rather than individual compartments in the photo.

Grrr! No focal point! I've gone with a butterfly ... it's got wings!
I think one of the eggs has a gold shimmer, hence the gold accents using
metallic twine (nest material perhaps) and Clearly Besotted Butterfly Duo
die-cut in card, vellum and gold glitter card.
The sentiment is from Uniko Studio: A Gift For You
'Just for You' Sandie as you 'nudged' me to enter this challenge.


I think this will have to go down as my longest post EVER!
Thanks so much if you've got here without a nap whilst reading.
I'd love your comments and thanks as always for stopping by my blog.

Off for a lie down now but catch you soon.



Sarah

33 comments:

  1. And you go out to work too! Unbelievably gorgeous set of cards, awesome talent! And I love reading your blogposts, never sends me to sleep just makes my jaw drop open in envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous bunch! I especially love the rainbow card... a stroke of pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards! Love your interpretation of the inspiration picture for the last card. It turned out lovely. Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You've been busy! I love your Muse card - the blue stamping really adds a lot of interest! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a stunning collection of cards. Simply amazing. I'm happy if I manage to create one half decent card!
    Elaine
    Thanks for the very kind comments you left for me, I really appreciate your kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All beautiful cards! Your rainbow/raindrops really caught my eye! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow and more WOW! Sarah, you're a crafting machine! I love them all. You do rainbow so well, and the others, well, they're all fantastic. Love the kraft and duck egg blue, love the Muse card, can't believe you almost didn't enter (are you crazy?!), and you've now got me wanting more CBS sets I haven't yet purchased (although my containers are full - need to find a way to build an extension on my first floor flat!) lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great cards ! Love them all, but the blue one ,wwwwwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such a great job creating all of these beautiful cards and getting them completed on time! I love your rainbow of colors on the first one...the raindrops are so fun and the panel along the bottom was such a great idea! Really lovely collection of cards, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many pretty cards Sarah! I love the background you created and that sweet strawberry wreath. Thank you for sharing with us at both CASology and The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness what a feast for our eyes. I knew you wouldn't be able to resist a rainbow challenge! I love the kids semtiments, such cute fonts. And wow, wow to your Ink card. You really thought this through and I love your take on the photo especially the touch of gold and the circle background, this is so very creative. Thanks for joining TO and Ink

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of great cards....you've been busy!! Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! You HAVE been busy. Every card is a stunner! I don't think I can even pick a favourite. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah, this was a bumper of BEAUTIFUL cards! WOW! I especially love the strawberry wreath for CASology...ahh, sweet strawberries! (My kids' favorite fruit!) So glad you joined in the fun at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah if I've tested you, then you passed with a capital A! Gorgeous specimens all around... thank for playing cards with me!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow you have been busy, love the blue cards x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous cards, Sarah! They're all so gorgeous. I adore the rainbow one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous selection of cards Sarah! I love the different coloured raindrops on your first card and the sentiment is lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I made it to the end and oohed and aahed all the way through. I love hearing how you were inspired to make each card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My goodness, this post is filled with beautiful cards. They just keep coming and coming. So glad that you included those scrumptious strawberries for CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG - what a parade of awesome cards - that rainbow rain- a real eye candy! and that Muse card - you are getting my vote, that's for sure! Your Inkspirational card is fabulous as well - just reminded me that I wanted to play - no ideas so far....

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful array of cards, Sarah! You must have been VERY busy! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Sarah, you have blown me away with all your magnificent cards!! I'm here from the CASology gallery, and love what you have done with the new CB stamp set. Super sweet indeed! While I am here though, I absolutely love what you have done with Michele's MUSE card!!! Wow! SO fabulous to visit your personal gallery! So much inspiration right here!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A bevy of beauties, Sarah! I keep scrolling through trying to pick a favourite but I love different things about each card. I love the rainbow of raindrops and the soft sky you created on your strawberry card is lovely! Chevrons are always great for a birthday and the layered butterfly is gorgeous but I think your blue flowers really do steal the show! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just whipping in quickly on my way to take the kids to school to say how much I LOVE your Muse card. Its a brilliant CASE of Michele's and just love the stamps you used!! So many other cards on this post, will have to come back and have a look. Have signed up to follow your blog too, so I don't miss anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an amazing array of cards! I'm especially fascinated by the first one with the rainbow drops. But the one with the strawberries is just amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. OH WOW!!! I LOVE each one of your card! The first one-SWOON!!! Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept! Love your pink chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sarah, what an awesome collection of cards ... they're all fabulous ... my favourite has to be those rainbow raindrops ... I love rainbow colours and you've created such a beauty with them here! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow - AMAZING cards! I'm so glad that I stopped by :) Love the 'shadow' that you created on your diecut 'happy' - I noticed it right away! I'd be thinking that Clean & Layered would be the call for this sweet creation. So glad that you shared your card with us at the Card Concept Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great cards Sarah! Your cards all have such a wonderful clean style. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats on getting Honours at TO x

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a magnificent parade of inspiration, Sarah!! I missed it all somehow, but I'm so glad you won an HM at TIME OUT so I could come and congratulate you (Congratulations!!) and see all that I missed! Our two "rainbow rain" cards look so cool next to each other in the winner's gallery! Great minds!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.