Monday 25 May 2015

Monday Muse and Love in Purple


Happy Bank Holiday Monday ... well if you live in the UK!
Here's a couple of cards I finished off yesterday.

First up it's a sea of purple paradise for Inkspirational.
Huge Congrats to Pia (DT member) on your upcoming nuptials 
and here's my take on a wedding card for the Happy couple.


Pia is super talented and I love it when she is a GD for Clearly Besotted 
(which happens to be one of my favourite stamp companies) 
so I simply had to use some of their sets to create this card.

Clearly Besotted: Mr & Mrs Set: Flourish image and Bridal Bouquet Sentiment
Uniko Studio: Congratulations sentiment 
The images & sentiments are heat-embossed using clear EP from Hero Arts
Before inking and blending distress ink in Dusty Concord.
To add a touch of glam I've used some silver and purple gems from my stash.


Next up is my entry to this week's Muse Christmas Visions
It's not obvious in the photo but I used distress ink in Barn Door 
over my 'red' cardstock panel to add a velvety sheen. 

Card Recipe:
I love Betty's card but in the absence of a pierced oval die in my stash 
I've used a Nestabilities label set and trimmed the edges.
Clearly Besotted: Autumn Blooms Flowers with a sentiment from Pretty Poinsettia
To give the impression of snow on my foliage I've added fluffy stuff and heat-embossed
with a touch of glamour dust then gems and pearls to finish




I hope you all enjoy your day and get chance to do some crafting.
Thanks for calling in and see you soon.

Sarah

18 comments:

  1. Love you purple card! Its so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple card is so gorgeous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore the inking on the first. Two fabulous cards Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the purple, reminds a bit of that blue one you made last week, equally as gorgeous as this one

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've captured the rich feeling of Betty's Muse perfectly, Sarah! And I love the pretty purple wedding card - I'm sure Pia will as well! So glad you joined us at MCV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! I love the puffy paint detailing! Makes it look and feel more like a White Christmas! Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at MCV!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that purple card, Sarah - your inking is perfect :) Great take on MCV too - love the die cut label and rich red base. The fab designs just keep on coming.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are just so amazing at blending inks-I find it so hard and it is always a disaster. This Wedding card is a joy, the flourish is the perfect touch of elegance. I won't mention the Xmas card, it just makes me feel guilty for not making any! Great to see at Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are fabulous, but those elegant wedding card is something special. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That purple wedding card is gorgeous. Love your Christmas one, too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wedding card for Pia is purple perfection, Sarah, and you nailed your MUSE interpretation, IMHO!! I love them both!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wedding card in Purple woooww amazing love the color and the blending so lovely...
    your red christmas card is awesome
    you always make beautiful and adorable card Sarah
    I write this in the office
    I have less time at home LOL
    hugs, Monika

    PS: I made purple wedding card too ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS ombre inking on your wedding card, Sarah! Love the font on the sentiment, too! I also love your take on this week's Muse challenge...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both cards but your purple card Sarah is a stunner.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Sarah you have been really busy and had a wee flick through your blog while i was here love how you have such a mix of styles...and some really awesome cards !! and loving the MCV one and thanks for the inspiration for the clearly besotted wedding one bought it and its sat at the back of the drawer! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wauw, wauw and wauw Sarah! This is spot on and soooo elegant :-)
    Thank you so much - I truly appreciate it.
    Thanks for playing with us at INK for our Purple/wedding challenge 'cause of my wedding.
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woohoo, well done for your win at Inkspirational, I must have missed this one previously! Awesome blending xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done for being the special pick at Ink x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.