Saturday 29 August 2015

Less is More #239

 Morning friends ... it's that time again!

Less is More Challenge

and this week we'd like you to use sprays and / or mists
... so roll your sleeves up, have fun and get messy!

Here's my first card and I literally did get messy!
I've watched all these videos where crafters use a box for spraying
but I just flew straight into it and ended up with pink dots 
absolutely EVERYWHERE! - I've found a box now!!!


I started out by embossing my 'sprayed' panel with a honeycomb
embossing folder before spritzing with a mix of Distress Ink re-inker
in Picked Raspberry and Perfect Pearls which adds a great shimmer.
The black frame is die-cut using MFT Die-namics Pierced Rectangles
and the horizontal strip with Mama Elephant Landscape Trio dies.
The flower head and sentiment are from a new (to me) set from Uniko: 
Pure Florals - Chrysanthemum. The flower is heat embossed then water-coloured
using Zig Clear Brush pens and to finish a few pink shimmery sequins.

I've used the sketch from this week's Freshly Made Sketches so I'm heading 
over there with my card plus Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge
where it's an Anything Goes week! 

   Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog


So you might like to see what I created with the pebble-dashing of pink spray 
dots that were all over my desk and craft mat! Oh and up the walls!!!! 
I decided to make use of this precious spritzer by collecting it on some acetate
 and smooshing it onto a piece of water-colour card to create this card ...



Using my MFT Die-Namics stitched square dies I die-cut my smooshed panel
then sliced the centre out to make space for the 'thanks' word die from WPlus9
with a mini sentiment along the bottom from WPlus9 Fanciful Feathers.
In true Jennifer McGuire style I even die-cut some hearts with the left overs
using a Wise Die (mini hearts) from Paper Smooches. I drizzled these with 
Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents.

I've certainly gone to town on snippety bits for this card even down to the 
teeny black strips which I cut from above and below the 'thanks' negative!
So what more can I do but head over to Pixies Snippet Playground!
Having followed the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch I'm also 
going to link my card up there too.



And in view of Anne's terrible sad news this week 
here's one for her with sincere condolences.


Using WPlus9 Sending Sunshine and Clearly Besotted April Showers stamp sets
 I've created a mini scene, masking each image before stamping the next one. 
Before removing the masks I've spritzed a mixture of Distress Ink re-inker in 
Peacock Feathers and Perfect Pearls. Having removed the masks I decided a little silver 
misting was in order too with glossy accents for added detail to some elements.

Ok it's over to you now and I hope you enjoy the messy challenge!
Have loads of fun and can't wait to see your cards.

Thanks for calling by and if you check out my post with the latest challenge details 
for ATCAS HERE you might even manage a challenge combo opportunity!
Sarah

20 comments:

  1. These are just gorgeous Sarah, I really need to get down to some card making now that my grandchildren have returned home!
    Your stuff always inspires me!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab, Sarah. I think I need to find a box too, lol. Everything on my table is covered in Cosmic Shimmer, my mobile phone looked very pretty for a short while! I love your second card, such a great idea to blot up your spritzing, it's a wonderful effect and your card is awesome. Loving the black, white and pink too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous collection of cards! I particularly love no. 2 - you're obviously a Jennifer McG fan like me! Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards, I love the Chrysanthemum set and your use of it is stunning!
    I had to find a box too - ink everywhere is not a good look!!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards Sarah - your snippets one is absolutely perfect! Everything about it is pleasing to the eye. I'd recommend you enter it into Less is More, tee, hee :)

    Such sad news for Anne - hoping that the sun will shine again for her before too long.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful cards! I love that pretty pink smooshed background panel on the CTS challenge card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great spritz and shimmer here, Sarah - fab cards! So sorry to hear Anne's news and your sympathy card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning cards Sarah xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cards Sarah! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. All are wonderful cards Sarah. So sorry for Anne. Wishing her courage.
    Hugs Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pink flower card is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  12. All you cards are gorgeous, Sarah! I love that pink flower on the first card. Very pretty. Thanks for linking up at Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge :)
    Hugs!
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had fun with your sprays .....with fabulous results. Love the gorgeous pink flower ... so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just fantastic Sarah. Congrats on being showcased in the Playground. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous selection of cards! The pink spritzing looks wonderful and I love how you've interpreted our sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore the water coloured flower on your first card and wow to the spraying-I am so bad at this! And I love the bold sentiment and CAS design of the second card x

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all just amazing Sarah !!! love everything about them all, esp. the pinkness on the first two......well I would of course ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.