Thursday 29 October 2015

Uniko Sponsoring Time Out Challenges


Morning friends I'm here on behalf of Uniko who are 
sponsoring the Time Out Challenge today

The theme is Christmas with the optional twist of using 
Pink and / or Purple so I've twisted ... it would be rude not to!!!


I started out by stamping and heat-embossing the sentiment and images from 
the Big and Bold Snow set from Uniko and a snowflake from Stunning Snowflakes.
The embossing powder is Hero Arts clear sparkle and having taped the panel of 
watercolour card to a board I literally drenched it with water using a 
large 'wash' brush. I then added stripes of distress inks in Dusty Concord, 
Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick. Once dry I added another 
layer of ink, dried again then spritzed it with a mix of water and 
perfect pearls to add some shimmer! The panel is then die-cut using
Mama Elephant Index Card dies with a white panel behind die-cut from the same set.

There's loads more inspiration from the DT at Time Out Challenges 
plus some of my fellow teamies at Uniko have also joined in so 
please head over to the Uniko blog HERE for more details.

Quick Edit: Thanks for the 'heads-up' Deborah - I'm linking up at
52 Christmas Card Throwdown with this card as the theme there is
Emboss Resist! Simply couldn't 'resist' playing along!


Thanks as always for stopping by and I hope you have a little
'time out' to play along with the challenge. 
Sarah

17 comments:

  1. gorgeous Sarah, love the embossing combined with the water colouring. And naturally you know I love the colour!! So pleased you joined us at TO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, the card looks amazing with pink and purple and great embossing too! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour card! I love your bokeh effect too. Lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great contemporary Christmas card love it!
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy card Sarah, loved it as soon as I saw it! Fab placement of the sequins too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful watercolour background - it looks great paired with the bold sentiment! Fab pinky purple card, Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah:
    First I want to thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, I am now a follower on you're blog and I hope you will do the same for me.

    You're card if lovely my daughter would Love the colors you used. very Nice I love being different and Not doing the traditional Christmas Color or Red / Green. I love the pastels I love using blues they are so pretty God Bless Dottie www.somethingcraftybydottie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely fabulous! I love the resist emboss technique which, by the way, is our challenge over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown! And these colours are just fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously gorgeous, Sarah! Love the the embossing and your watercoloring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this pretty pink and purple card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful water colored background! pink and purple indeed looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgous christmas card and wonderful colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Sarah, loving that colour combo too...my fav colours ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cool card! I love it! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know it looks simple but there is a lot of content there, well done

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.