Saturday 7 November 2015

Less is More #249


Hello there, it's that time again - don't know where the
week has gone but there's a new challenge at 

Less is More 
and it's colour week with a FIRE theme!

This week in the UK it's been Bonfire night so lots of 
inspiration if you were out in the cold and wet on Thursday evening.
You'd certainly want to be as close to the bonfire as possible!

Anyway here's my cards using 'fire' colours


For me you can't beat distress inks for creating those fiery colours!
and here I've masked off a 'curved' triangle on my card base then 
used Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, 
Wild Honey, Ripe Persimmon and a little Barn Door at the top. I've done
my flicking and spritzing trick with water and perfect pearls then splattered
some Gold Delicata ink and to the front panel also. 

This panel is die-cut using MFT Stitched Basic Border dies and Blueprints 15
with a white heat embossed sentiment from Uniko: All Occasion Sentiments #6
 die-cut with Fishtail flags, also MFT. Finally a few glittery jelly gems from my stash!



I should probably have rotated this the other way with the rocket above
the fire but I loved the idea of it heading towards the heat of the sun!
Anyway I've smooshed here with the same distress inks as above, 
flicked and spritzed again, added some stars and swirls from the
CBS Blast Off II set with Gold Delicata and heat embossed.
The rocket and sentiment are from the same set!

I'd like to enter this one over at CASology where it's
a 'Vehicle' theme this week - is a rocket a vehicle?
Well it gets from A to B in my book so I'll give it a whirl!


There's more fabulous designs from my fellow teamies HERE
and I hope you enjoy the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back again soon!


Sarah

16 comments:

  1. Love how you've contained your 'Fire' within the die cut shape and gives movement to the card. Great flicking and splatting and gorgeous fiery colours. Thank you for the inspiration x Great idea about the rocket going towards that glorious sun. Perfect sentiment and perfect card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great couple of cards and a great colour choice this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning fire colours, Sarah, have a lovely weekend, sweetie!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course a rocket is a vehicle! Love this fun card, as well as your first card, and your inking and blending on both is just fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards! I really do think that first card is my favorite! I LOVE that swoosh and your ink blending is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 Fabulous cards Sarah, You used the colors of fire in a beautiful way! I would love a ride in YOUR vehicle! So awesome!
    So glad you play at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such clever cards, Sarah! I just love that composition of your rocket card! Love that smooshed technique against the smooth lines of the rocket! Awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fab cards Sarah - but totally love the rocket heading to the sun - stunning inking! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards here Sarah, you always inspire me! ☺Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards in fiery shade! The fiery part of the first card looks like a champagne glass with bubbling red champagne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are stunning Sarah, I love your rocket card!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for the late visit my friend. These are of course totally stunning. I love that sweep of colour, the blend of shades is perfect. And your smooshing with the rocket looks awesome. I now realise I have more than a few distress inks missing from my stash! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.