Saturday 5 November 2016

Less is More #301

Hi there crafty buddies it's time to introduce our latest challenge over at 
Less is More and if you haven't come from the main blog then please 
head over as there's loads of news and gossip as well as it being the 
start of a new month with the return of one of our superb sponsors!

Being the first challenge of the month it's 'Colour' time and we've chosen
a duo of lucious Purple & Gold

I've got 3 examples for you today but one's a 'twofer' - if that makes sense 
so here goes with 'twofer number 1' ...


I was so inspired by all the incredible makes with acetate and vellum a few 
weeks ago that I simply had to have a go at a floating sentiment! That's 
definitely a new one on me and I love the effect. I started out by die-cutting
the Tilda Flower by Memory Box in both purple and gold cardstock then 
replaced the positive bits in the opposite colours, Both the die-cut 'Christmas'
and the 'it's' sentiments are by Clearly Besotted!

It's a Holiday theme at Addicted to Stamps and More 
so I'm heading there with this one!

Which leads me onto 'twofer number 2' ...


The opposite colour-way with a heat embossed sentiment by Uniko
from the Simply Said Christmas set and a couple of sequins from my stash.

... over at STAMPlorations CAS challenge it's, by coincidence,
Purple so I'm zipping this one in there!



Last but not least I've gone all geometric with this superb multi-facetted stamp by 
Winnie & Walter, heat embossed with WOW pale gold EP, inlaid die-cut 'Smile' 
sentiment by Lil' inker and a heat embossed 'it's your birthday' sentiment by Clearly 
Besotted. A couple more sequins and stars for that added glitz and glam.

this week is Thinking of You so I'd like to pop this one in there.

As always my super talented and awesome bunch of teamies have worked
their magic to inspire you with more cards so please pay them a visit, you'll
find all the links on the main blog HERE

Our sponsor for this month is Seven Hills Crafts 
Seven Hills Crafts Logo

so do please play along each week to be in with a chance of a prize.


Thanks as always for calling by. I hope you have a fun weekend
and I'll be back tomorrow with the latest challenge details for
AAA CAS Cards.




Sarah

19 comments:

  1. Wow! Three stunning cards Sarah! You have SUCH a good eye for clean, balanced layouts... I'm envious :) The Tilda Flower is really gorgeous and both colourways look amazing. Perfect floating sentiment on the first one, so pretty. And I love the angled panel and matching geometric stamping on the third card. It has bags of impact! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all amazing. I love the first two cards with that magnificent flower - it looks fab both ways. However, I really love the geometric shatter pattern on the last card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! What a trio of delight you've given us this week Sarah. The twofers are brilliant and really show how different a die cut can look when cut in different colours. The floating sentiment is genius on the first one. Your geometric card is fabulous too! It looks amazing in the pale gold with such super embossing. The sequins are a terrific finishing touch. Have a great week teamie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Sarah! Love the way you did the floating sentiments especially!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous - these look so luxurious. Love that die from your first 2 cards and you must stop using faceted stamps and dies cos I keep buying them!! Thank you again for all of your hard work on LIM - you make it a great team to be a part of x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Sarah! These are gorgeous. I have that Memory Box die, and have never used it. You have inspired me. The floating sentiment on the first one looks fantastic, and the second done with the opposite bits is wonderful as well. Congratulations on your lead spot at LIM. Truth be told, this is where I forced myself to simplify my card making style. I haven't played much in recent years... I need to get back to my roots here. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All really beautiful, great to see both colourways!
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning cards Sarah ! I love all of them, especially the last one with this geometric design ! The combo purple and gold is superb ! Thanks so much for sharing and for inspiring !
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  9. As much as I LOve twofer-1, I especially love that twofer-2 has more of the lovely purple! and card 3 ticks all of my boxes!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning...so in love with that regal purple and gold, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok i love these.....the tones of gold and purple are stunning together so bright and fun xxx

    jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! You just make the most beautiful cards Sarah! This took my breath away! Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your cards are stunning. These colors are just perfect for your stunning designs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm always impressed with a BOGOF Sarah and these are glorious! What a fabulous gold texture. Amazing designs as ever!
    Thanks SO much for agreeing to take up the reins at LIM, I couldn't be leaving it in better hands!
    You are a star!
    Chrissie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! They all gorgeous! I love your non-traditional Holiday colors. Thank You for playing along with ATSM - Holiday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sarah and thanks for the visit. I am loving your three samples of gold and purple cards, I think the first one is my favourite though, looking the floating sentiment in front of that fabulous shape.
    Have a super crafty weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, I may be late but these were worth waiting for! Wowzers, I've never seen that Tilda flower before but me likey a lot! Love both versions and I always love your geometrics and this one is a smasher! Awesome makes xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! These are stunning .... I love the floating sentiment, very clever! Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.