Sunday 11 December 2016

Uniko Revisit: Stunning Snowflakes

Hello friends, have we got an icy, crisp, and wonderfully Christmas
revisit in store for you over at Uniko this month. Bev has asked us to 
'dig out', dust down and bring the Stunning Snowflakes sets back into the
limelight! I can't think of a better time to showcase these beauties in the
run up to the holiday period ... so here goes!


I recently bought some of the new sets of Altenew inks and I wanted to play 
around with some different colour combos that I wouldn't normally put together 
at Christmas or ever! Looking at them now though it's as if I've just dipped in 
for the Uniko trademark colour scheme when that never crossed my mind! LOL! 

I started out by creating a BG of Stunning Snowflakes with a few extras to
 accessorise from other Christmas sets. The sentiment is from  'Labelled Christmas' 
set (released last year) mounted on fun foam against a die-cut snowflake also by Uniko. 

I'd like to link this one up at a couple of Holiday challenges ...
Kylie's 12 days of Christmas Card challenge

I'll be joining Kylie tomorrow so hope you'll pop back then and pay us a visit


and Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge 
ICE INSPIRATION

ice-inspo

Having recently joined in with Tracey McNeely's 

Image result for 25 tags of christmas

and with all the bits and bobs on my desk I decided to make some
extra gift tags to match this card!



... and one more - slightly 'less busy' example using the same flakes!



For this one I heat embossed the the Stunning Snowflakes with silver pearl
EP onto vellum. There's a torn edge on one side and a turquoise piece of vellum 
to trim the panel on the left. The sentiment from the Stunning Snowflakes set is also 
heat embossed onto turquoise vellum before mounting on card and 3d foam.
To finish a few gems from my stash.

I hope you like how I've showcased this beautiful set and there's plenty 
more fun designs by my fellow teamies with links on the Uniko blog HERE

As is the tradition there's a blog hop giveaway; the prize being the featured set
or a gift card to the same value. You have until Sunday, 18th December to leave 
your comments and be in with a chance of winning a prize.

Here's the order and if you get lost along the way just head back to Uniko


Sarah P (that's me)


Before I leave you to hop here's the image of the set and as always thanks
for visiting my blog today and I wish you lots of luck on the hop!




Sarah

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Sarah, as always, your cards are stunning. Love the colours on your first card and those tags are so cute. But it's the last one - simple, clean, stunning! Great work. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour combo on the first card and tags Sarah! And of course the snowflakes on vellum look brill! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards :) i love the lovely sparkly snowflakes. Thanks for sharing.
    cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards and tags, Sarah! You've showcased my favourite snowflakes set EVER in the most wonderful ways! As you can well guess: adding these to my 'mega inspiration' list! When I case you (because you know I will *grin*), I'll give you full credit! These are breath-taking!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours in the first card, a real explosion of colours and naturally adore the CAS version x

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous cards and tags! love the pink, aqua and white combo and the pink glitter! beautiful! the silver pearl on vellum is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hectic colours and all over pattern of the first card Sarah, but as you probably could guess the second card really steals my heart. Gorgeous in its simplicity and style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cards. So pretty with the sparkly center snow flake and the beautiful pearl and vellum. Great tags, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, these are real stunners Sarah. I LOVE the colours you have used. Will have to CASE this palette. Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards Sarah! They are so pretty & I love the sparkle.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the unusual colour combo and the raspberry glitter snowflake. Your second card with the white on white embossed snowflakes is also wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, your cards are so beautiful and festive with all those sparkly snowflakes on them. LOVE the colors too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.