Saturday 24 June 2017

Less is More #334


Hi there, can you believe another week has just zipped by and it's time to announce our latest weekly challenge at Less is More - these weeks need to slow down as I can't keep up!!!

So on to the challenge and it's time for a sketch this week, I've got a few examples for you and I've got to admit I was pretty pleased with myself having made a Christmas card during the hottest week so far this year! I was desperate to use the CBS landscape die but having photographed my card and popped it on the Less is More blog I'm not sure it adheres to our sketch quite as much as it should so here's a few more examples .... but first up the sketch!






Using Distress inks in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Faded Jeans I've created a loose watercolour effect in the shape of the sketch - a little tricky when the ink wants to run beyond the 'lines'! Once dry I splattered some water on top for extra interest then stamped the magnolia blooms by Altenew, added a die-cut sentiment from Impression Obsessions. 

I was inspired by the photo challenge over at Inkspirational this week so I'd like to pop this card in there as well as Addicted to Stamps and More, where they're celebrating a massive 5 years worth of challenges with a 'Make Your Mark' challenge and lastly, another entry to this month's Flower Challenge where it's 'Anything Goes'






Next up and using some striking and vibrant design papers from Doodlebug plus their sprinkles too I've created 2 cards, as close as possible to the sketch, but flipped on the second one. 


This one uses another 'on the line' die-cut sentiment from Impression Obsessions and I'd like to pop this one in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where it's 'Use Design Paper' and they are featuring products by Doodlebug! Pretty fortunate seen as I love their papers and accessories. 

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog Logo



Another set of papers from Doodlebug and this time accessorised with a die-cut sentiment by Waffle Flower and the 'your birthday' from Uniko: Simply Said


... and last but not least my 'dubious' make from the Less is More blog with a distress inky blended skyline, white gel pen snow drops plus some added glitter sparkles to the sky too and to finish a festive sentiment from Uniko: Most Wonderful.


As always thanks for calling by my blog today and I hope you feel inspired to join in with our sketch challenge this week. There's loads of fab makes from by fellow teamies at Less is More so don't forget to pay them a visit and the links to their blogs can be found HERE


Sarah

17 comments:

  1. You've been so productive!! They're all fantastic, and I'm well impressed at a Christmas make. I must get started myself... time is flying by this year! Loving the cool blues and elegant stamping on the first card. Those patterned papers on the second and third cards are awesome! The one with stars looks particularly amazing against the bright green background... wow <3 And a wonderful, tranquil festive night time scene on the final card which I love. Super makes Sarah! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah, you are on a roll! These are all so fantastic, I love all of them! The artsy look of your first card is a wonderful I'm very inspired by this slightly different take on the sketch and it's a wonderful interpretation of our Ink photo! The second and third card with patterned paper look so clean and pretty, both so well made and pretty. I love the enamel dots! And your christmas card -why did I not think of this?!? I have a pretty similar die. Thanks for inspiration and have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the makes in this post are fab but I love your snowy scene for the LIM DT this week

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey - you have been very creative with the sketch and I love the different looks that you have produced from the bright,fun star card to the serene, elegant winter scene! I particularly like the watercolouring over the magnolia blooms - such a cool look. I hope you are having a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sarah some beautiful cards here!love the first one with those amazing colours and pretty flowers.Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge', we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards !!!!!
    Great inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful collection of cards, Sarah! Your first card is the perfect take on the inspiration photo. And you are the third person clever enough to make use of pattern paper. Fun designs. And finally, I am so impressed when I see Christmas cards being made in the summer. That's my favourite probably because that's my favourite colour of blue. Amazing 4 cards and so inspiring. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Sarah, you've been busy ! What a gorgeous array of creative cards ! I love the first one, I wanted to enter this challenge and I had this kind of design in mind, grrrr, you outstripped me ! Love also the two birthday cards ! They are so joyful with these bright colours ! And last but not least, I love your end of year card ! So luminous with this gorgeous blue blending among all this white ! Wonderful work ! Have a fabulous weekend ! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your cards are just amazing. So many fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're on fire this week, teamie! Loving your watercolour wash and the magnolias left as linear images, such a different way to use these. You've completely nailed it with your two Doodlebug cards, the green one is especially striking, I love it! And well done you for completing a Christmas card this week, the blending is perfect with the glow come from behind the trees, excellent work xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful CAS cards. I love them all, but my favourite is the last one, the CAS Chrismas scene is just stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many wonderful and sweet cards...love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you were on fire this week! Fabulous projects x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that sketch and how you used it is amazing on every card here! My favorite is the first one! It is such an artistic take on the sketch, Sarah!!! Thank you so much for sharing that beauty with us at The Flower Challenge! I hope I could get some time to join at LIM this week :)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEautiful cards, Sarah! Love them all. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great variety of cards! The flower one really caught my attention, I love the blues and the gems for a little shine. It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful array of cards using the sketch, very inspiring. I hope to find some time to join in. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.