Friday 19 January 2018

Uniko Challenge #45

Hey there, it's time to announce our latest challenge over at Uniko; here's the cue card showing what we're looking for.




I was drawn to the rose and heart in the photo but skipped the heart in the end for this card! You'll have to pop back when we showcase our reminder posts, on 2nd February for that addition! I've used an 'old' sentiment (or 2) from the All Occasions Sentiments #3 with the newly released Pure Florals Rose set. I've tried to colour this using a 'no-line colouring' technique by stamping the images with Memento inks then colouring with Promarkers. 



I think the sentiment on my card is pretty appropriate too as our Guest Designer for this challenge is  one of my best craft buddies EVER and fellow teamie at Less is More! It's Anita of Neet & Crafty who won the last challenge with none other than the Christmas card she sent me; to say I was thrilled is an understatement! Do pop along and visit her blog and leave a friendly word and some love. She won't admit to owning loads of yummy stash but believe me she does and creates such beauties with it all! 

There's a couple of challenges I'd like to pop my card into, first up Simon Says Stamp: Wednesday Challenge is to 'Add a Sentiment' and I've done just that! Timeout Challenges is inspired by words "Each day is a gift, open it, celebrate it, enjoy it!" so my take is that fabulous friends are true gifts and it's great open up, celebrate and enjoy special times with them!

Also it's a photo inspiration week at Inkspirational and I couldn't resist adding this card there as I was drawn to those stunning flowers and leaves in the picture and my stitched border works well with the string of pearls and strings on the violin - hope it counts! 


You have until Friday, 23rd February to link up to the challenge and all the details you need about prizes and how to play can be found over at Uniko HERE

As always thanks for calling by my blog today and I hope you feel inspired and will play along

Sarah

14 comments:

  1. This is stunning Sarah, a lovely idea as Anita is GD, I love how out photo at Ink inspired you too...I picked it, even though it was a real challenge for me (I used doilies and lace!!) Your no line colouring is amazing and I like how you used the stitched border-a wonderful showcase of Uniko products x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That curly fabulous has always been a favourite of mine and I love how you've brought it bang up to date by combining it with the mega gorgeous Uniko rose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Breath taken away by the beauty of your no-line coloured rose and your description of the background inspiration that lead to its design. Your "fabulous friend" will be ecstatic when this stunning work of art arrives in her mailbox! Gorgeous and heart-warming! You've reminded me that this sentiment set resides in my collection; need to give it some attention! Your card is guaranteed to draw crowds to the gallery!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the stunning flower and the sentiment is such a beautiful font :)
    Hugs Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is Fabulous indeed ! The contrast with the vibrant pink and the soft green is stunning ! And I love the depth you succeeded to do with your colouring ! I almost can smell its perfume ! I love this sentiment too, but out of stock for the moment...grrr ! A beautiful combination of old and new Uniko products ! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning. That rose is colored so beautifully--can't even tell it started as a stamp because it has ended as a work of art. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Your no line colouring is flawless and what a beautiful colour choice too. The sentiment woks beautifully with the roses too and a combination I had not thought of. A stunning showcase of Uniko, thank you. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello sarah! this is gorgeous, a perfect CAS card! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the colors you chose Sarah, such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That rose s so beautifully coloured and has so much dpth! Great card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you've got the 'no-line' technique down - this is so beautiful. I think the pink rose looks wonderful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card! This flower is so bold and beautiful! Wonderful use of color and ink! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really rich fabulous rose Sarah. I love the pink/purple hues, especially paired with the aqua coloured leaves x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats for getting top pick at Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.