Saturday 21 November 2015

Less is More #251


Hi there blog buddies ... are we ready for that 
Saturday Morning Feeling to kick in?
Time for me to announce our latest challenge over at 

Less is More

... it's Theme Week and we would like to see Numbers!

Well I've a few BIG birthdays coming up which I need cards for
so numbers works for me although can't say much for the mojo!

First up one of my daughter's best friends will be celebrating this week



I decided to play along at the MUSE Card Challenge with this one, 
especially as my adorable Teamie Anita is THE MUSE this week!

Here's her card:

I've kept the layout very close to Anita's but used sentiments instead of
leaves! My daughter sifted, quickly, through my sets to find words and
phrases to describe her friend! I love the 'You're a Good Egg' and 
'You Crack me Up' from Mama Elephant: Just Hatched. The others are
taken from Uniko Studio and Clearly Besotted sets. The words are stamped using
a sticky pigment ink then heat embossed in clear EP to add some shine!
The sparkly '18' die-cut is from Avery Elle then inlaid  into a stitched circle from 
Simon Says Stamp. To finish I've scored a few lines above and below the panel, 
and added some sparkly gems from my stash.


Think I'm going through a purple patch!


This one is for a very special Auntie who constantly encourages my craft hobby,
sends me wonderful treats from the US, where she lives and even took
me to loads of crafty outlets when I visited her a few years ago!
She may read my blog posts and her birthday isn't until the New Year
but this one is to lull her into a false sense of security because it's just
sweet and innocent! The REAL one I make could be non-publishable!!!

I started out by die cutting the circles using the Simon Says Stamp: stitched 
circle dies, '60' from Avery Elle: Count It number dies before running the 
deep purple panel through a We R Memory Keeper Next Generation embossing
folder. I've then inlaid the die-cuts, including the numbers which have some 
extra detail using a white gel pen! The sentiment is from Uniko: Classic Birthday
and heat embossed in white using Hero Arts EP. To finish a couple of 
clusters of sequins, gems and pearls from my stash.


I hope you'll find some time to play along and don't forget to pop across to 
the main Less is More blog for some superb creations by my fellow teamies!

Thanks as always for stopping by and I'll be back shortly with 
the details of the latest challenge at Addicted to CAS ... what's more
it's a Bumper Birthday challenge so lots of prizes up for grabs too!





Sarah

19 comments:

  1. Sarah, I am loving the purples, can feel where your coming from there. Love both these cards, especially the one for your aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. I love the way you made the panel with the words and it looks lovely in purple white and silver. Great embossing folder on the second one, I've not come across that one before. I love how you've made the circle in the middle of the rays. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards. Love the combination of silver and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards in this purple post! Great card for a 18th BD and those rats looks stinning on your second card! Have a colourfull weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the energy of these cards in that fun colour! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cards, sometimes mojo or inspiration comes in late (as in after you made a card and get a better idea, trus me i know lol) mut i love the first one with the lilac very much

    ReplyDelete
  7. The birthday card for your daughter's friend is fabulous (I took that word right off the card) and so personal that way. The purple card is stunning, Sarah, and I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've done the background sentiments for the first card...with a little help and keeping the card all one colour and then with a pop of silver. Love the sentiment on the second card. Your Auntie sounds fun and fun idea to tease her into thinking this is her card x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah
    Two Fabby cards love have you have used all different Sentiments.... What a clever idea
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your interpretation of my card, hun! What a genius idea to use a mix of all those sentiments, perfect for an 18 card. And your second card is just amazeballs! Love all those inlaid dies and the embossing. I seriously need some number dies in my stash! As well as everything else you have in yours! :D
    Thanks so much for playing along at Muse xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. All three fantastic Sarah! The last one really pops out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola Sarah, thank you for your kind comment.
    Fantastic take for Muse, Anita´s card has been very inspirational. your 60 card it´s fantastic too!!!
    A warm hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful take on Anita's card, Sarah. Love the purple hues.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really fabulous, no pun intended! Definitely a great birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards, Sarah! I love your 'purple theme', and your take on Anita's inspiration is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fab purplicious cards Sarah! I really like the words combi for your daughter's friend and what a super 'decoy' card for your aunt! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love purple, so that one is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two super cards Sarah, loving the purple shades too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.