Saturday 4 June 2016

Less is More #279


Morning LIMettes it's that time again - whoosh that week's gone quick
and it's back to work on Monday after the half term!

Ok so it's the start of a new month which means we've a new sponsor;
in fact we have 2 for this month! Dies to Die For and STAMPlorations
... and let's get to it!

The first week of the month means 'COLOUR' week and for this one we've chosen

PURPLE

Sherry of STAMPlorations kindly sent the DT some goodies to 
use for our challenges this month so here's the 'Morning Glory'
stamp set with a sentiment from Clearly Besotted: In The Frame.
I've coloured the flowers with Derwent Coloursoft pencils but 
decided I wanted to keep a monochrome look so left the stem white.
The flower heads are fuzzy cut and mounted on 3d foam for added interest.


and just for good measure with this yummy gift I've another one
This time I've heat embossed the image plus some of the sentiments
from the 'Believe' set onto purple cardstock before fuzzy cutting the flower
head and stem. To finish a few sequins for that bit of bling that I can't resist!

I hope you'll pop across to the main blog if you haven't already to check
out the fantastic designs by my fellow teamies and I can't wait to see what
you come up with. I know there's lots of my crafty friends love this colour
so it shouldn't be any issue for them!

EDIT: Silly me forgot to link these up over at the Anything Goes
with STAMPlorations goodies so hope I can add these now!


Thanks for calling by and I'll be back again soon with the latest 
challenge details for Addicted to CAS so hope you'll pop back then!

Sarah

17 comments:

  1. What a great idea to raise the flower heads on foam! It looks great, really popping off the page. And I salute your mad cutting skillz! Can't believe you did the second set of flowers and stems so neatly - not sure I could manage that! By the way, the link from LIM to here is broken x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved this morning glory card when I saw it on the DT blog - your colouring is amazing! As Esther says, your cutting on the second card is a triumph too. Have a fab weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! That morning glory is drop-dead gorgeous!!! It looks so rich in the beautiful shade is purple that you picked Sarah. I love that the two cards look so different yet both use the same image.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That purple makes the most gorgeous morning glories, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing coloring on your flowers! Just perfect as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sarah, I adore Morning Glories! These lovely purple ones would be welcomed in my garden, for certain! Gorgeous cards - LOve that stamp!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sarah beautiful cards, adore the colouring in of the first card. Spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous shades of purple with yr pencils! Lovely stamp set too! I know can't believe how quickly half term's flown by. Back to planning for work tmw x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards. I especially love the first one, the colouring on the flowers is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. both beautiful purple creations,
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful purple inspiration. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful stamp and you've coloured the top one so beautifully. I want to reach out and touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally stunning Sarah - that first card really jumps off the page! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. PERFECT purple! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your colouring of these blooms is fabulous, teamie. I adore that first card, the shading looks terrific. And a wonderful way of showing how stamps can be used in different ways with your second card xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow and wow again Sarah, just love these cards, esp. that first stunner...amazing ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two beautiful card, the flower image is lovely, and I love purple!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.