Saturday 12 November 2016

Honey I Shrunk The Kit #9

Hey there friends, guess what ... it's time for another day out with the honeys!
For this outing it was Hazel's turn to host and she chose a 
Vintage Theme

 I was and still am swooning over her bundle of yumminess! 
So many elegant elements that work perfectly together.
 I simply can't wait to zip around the other blogs to see what's been created!
Here's the line up
Hazel Hodgkins: Hazel's Paper Designs
Sarah Gray: Funky Fossil Designs
Shona Chambers: Twine Around
Sandie Munroe: London Days
Sarah Platt: Sazzle Dazzle Crafts ... that's ME!
... and here's a picture of Hazel's goody bag and the list of contents 
 


Supplies:
Stampin' Up: Jars of Love stampset and corresponding Everyday Jars framelits;
 Beau Chateau patterned paper; Tea for Two patterned paper
Paper Smooches: Free Spirits and corresponding Free Spirits Icons
Clearly Besotted: Time for Tea; Feel Better
Other: large gold rhinestones; cork label and gold doily - my stash

and here's my cards but I have to admit they are pretty NON-CAS
... my excuse there were too many gorgeous bits and pieces to use!


This was a huge risk ... slicing the golden doily in two! 
Did it work out? I'm happy with it against the gorgeous vintage
blue florals and I couldn't bear to risk colouring the teapot and cup
for fear of spoiling them so I added a little floral stamp by Uniko!



 This jar simply shouted 'shake me' so that's what I did!
Using a shaker mix from Lucy's Little things. I know pink wasps and bees 
don't appear in nature but I just couldn't resist colouring them this way!



Oh two more yummy jars and they were crying out for some blooms!
These are the Freehand florals by WPlus9, trimmed with some strips of DSP
from the kit that I think looks like washi tape!

It's Thanks / Thanksgiving over at Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge
so I'd like to pop this one in over there!

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog Logo



Crumbs I ran out of DSP! So grabbed a neutral pack of my own!
Told you I skipped the CAS element for these. Managed to use up the little 
slither of gold doily too. Another shaker, this time with mini hearts behind some 
vellum in the taller jar. The mini jar was coloured then winked with stella 
and drizzled generously with glossy accents! I'm hoping it looks like some 
luscious cream or bubble bath! I even found some paper flowers to coordinate!


I was struggling here but there was still the wine glasses and wine related
sentiments to use along with the gorgeous cork label. I've coloured some 
rather 'pink' wine into the glasses, with wink of stella and Glossy Accents.
Then die-cut the 'wine O'clock' sentiment with a heart die from MFT Die-Namics, 
added a die-cut glittery 'Cheers' sentiment by Lawn Fawn and a couple of sequins.

This one is probably the most CAS card so I'm heading over to 
Addicted to Stamps & More with this one where they are looking for
Clean and Simple this week!



As always thanks for calling by and I'm off to check out what the 
rest of my teamies have made with this fantastic bundle. 
Thanks for the kit Hazel ... I've had a brilliant time making these.


Honey I Shrunk the Kit logo
Sarah

9 comments:

  1. Oh these are a joy, love the printing on the tea pot, matches the paper perfectly. Then super shaker, perfect design and the soft blooms go so well with the chevron paper, perfect stamping here, gorgeous use of the doily and matched with the frame, looks stunning. Cool idea to use the cork as a base for the wine, wish I had thought of that one...shouldn't there be 2 more glasses so we can all have a drink!! Fab cards Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heavens, my eyes have literally popped out of my head! Honestly Sarah, how ON EARTH do you think of these incredible layouts?? You always leave me swooning! Those pink bugs are so cute, your bubbly bath jars are so soothing to look at, your rose jar and your doilied teapot...aaaahhh! SO, so lovely! Wow, I am grinning from ear to ear! Thanks so much for all your amazing inspiration! I am so lucky to have you beautiful honeys join me in this creative little virtual venture!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fabulous! I so love that doily against the blue patterned paper and am so glad you used those uniko stamps....I had coloured mine and then thought of using them as they work perfectly with the paper :) You have created magic with the jars, Sarah - love the shaker and the florals. You definitely deserved 3 glasses of wine after creating these beauties! I'm up next so am going to have to get my thinking cap on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah!! I am SO happy that you've used the little wire closure for the vintage jar! I actually HAVE those! all perfect, and perfectly gorgeous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are BEAUTIFUL! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Thanks/Thanksgiving” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Sarah, you've totally blown me away with your cards!! So many amazing ideas and especially love your first one where you matched your paper pattern with stamping on your teapot and cup. Just incredible!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your cards are amazing Sarah! Such fabulous use of the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so fun, Sarah, and a great use of the kit items. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab set of cards Sarah, great use of your packet of goodies.
    Thanks for sharing them with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.