Sunday 25 June 2017

AAA CAS Card Challenge #93


Hello there friends, it's time for another challenge over at AAA CAS Cards and I hope you enjoyed all of our birthday party winners on the main blog last week. I was thrilled with the number of people who answered my question about their favourite crafting tool and if you read on to the end I've added a resume of the answers provided.

First up let's introduce our theme for the next fortnight which is 'Words Take Centre Stage' and our sponsor for this challenge is Uniko. I couldn't resist using one of the new sets 'Explosion - Additions' to create my 'masculine-style congrats/encouragement card' The images are stamped using Altenew Inks and I've quickly covered the 'WOW' word with clear embossing powder to add some extra shine. The 'UR' are die-cut letters by My Favourite Things Die-Namics with a Basic Stitched Edge die also by MFT to separate the black and white sections of the card front. 


As always there's plenty more super CAS creations by my fellow teamies, with links to their blogs on the AAA Cards blog HERE and here's our photo inspiration card too ...


We are delighted to welcome another previous winner of AAA Cards challenges and our guest designer for this current one ... it's Nonni! If you've never visited Nonni's blog before you are definitely missing a treat as she's a whizz at CAS cards and creates the most fabulous cheery designs. I'm slightly biased as she's one of my fellow teamies over at Less is More but I do hope you'll pop along and leave her some wonderful comments this week. 

As promised here's the results of my 'nosey' question for our birthday challenge ...

"What's your favourite crafting tool that you use every time 
and simply couldn't live without and why?"


In total I received 50 responses and basically the majority just can't live without a Misti! It's certainly made a stampers life so much easier with the ability to re-stamp and line images up perfectly each time. So the Misti received 16 nominations followed by Paper Trimmers/Guillotines with 8, Die-cutting machines with 7, Heat Guns 3. The remaining items receiving 1 or 2 nominations and in alphabetical order ... Absorbent chamois, Acrylic blocks, Brushos, Coloured Pencils, Craft Mats, Embossing Machine / Powders, Exacto Knife, Pokey / Quilling Tools, Scissors, Scor-pal, Tape Runners and Tweezers. So I'm guessing most of us have all of these items in our stash and it's just a matter of prioritising their individual importance to us.

I found this a really fun investigation if only to prove what I already thought but it's here in black and white and hope you found it useful too. Thanks to all who played along with the birthday challenge and left me such fun messages. 

If you missed the winners post at AAA Cards then I chose JulyeB and here's her comment

Pretty card and love the sentiment too and the curve gives an unusual look. Happy birthday to AAA cards. My go to tool would have to be my pokey tool, I use it for all sorts from lifting the edge on double sided tape ,positioning small bits that have glue on them, stomping down small additions to apply pressure and make them stick ,holding and placing peel-offs, picking up small die cuts or gems etc the list seems endless. I made the mistake one summer if using it for some paper piercing whist sat on our decking and sat it on a pile of paper, the breeze blew and it dropped down between two planks never to be seen again, I was gutted and lost until I was able to go out and buy another. Hubby said he might take up the decking when we redo the garden so I'm looking forward to finding my old long lost friend."

Julye's reasons behind her favourite tool had me laughing, giggling and almost crying at the same time as I imagined the scenario. Crafting outside never works for me but at least she tried and I felt her immense pain in losing her special piece of kit! Thanks so much Julye and I hope you enjoy your prize and the rediscovery of your long last tool when the time arrives!

As always thanks for calling by my blog today and I hope you feel inspired and will play along with us!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. very striking card and perfect for boys or men, but also girls like me would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card Sarah, love it's bold look. And I love that you shared the results of your birthday question, but it's no surpise that the misti came out on top. I also chuckled - in a kind way - when I read Julye's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool card!!! Love it! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Sarah! I love the combination of typefaces!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card...love those wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! I love that you used so many different stamps/techniques. It makes it so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Sarah! Love the colour combo and the bold stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card! I love the colours you've use and such a great design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome design Sarah, the combination of stamps and colours make for a striking design. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun design, Sarah! The recipient will have no doubt how excited and proud you are of their accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.